Tuesday, June 16, 2009

PRAY

For my sister Tiffany, I found out tonight her boyfriend has been violent with her. Not sure how violent, or for how long, but it doesn't really matter. I think some of it even happened while she was pregnant.

8 comments:

Justyne said...

I will DEFINITELY pray for her!

Poptart said...

What are her plans regarding this issue? If she would like to hear it from an abused childs perspective I would be happy to share it. I hope she doesn't plan on staying like my mom did. I'll be praying and hoping she can get some help.

Staci said...

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll definately keep her in thoughts and prayers.

April said...

that's terrible! i'll definitely pray for her & the kids.

Shannon Ivy said...

Will do! I hope god leaves her out of this.

Tara said...

I'm praying for her!

Mrs. S said...

Im sorry to hear about this, After seeing my sister being abused by her husband for 9 years I knew that was something I would never put up with. Im lucky that i got out right away w/ joe. I have NO regrets wonding if I should have stayed and given him another "chance". Everyone gets mad for what ever reason - but if you love someone there has to be respect - violence is not a sign of respect.
I dont know what the situation is or how far its gone, but I will be saying an extra prayer for the "boyfriend". I will pray that he gets help for what ever is causing this violence weather its drugs, alcahol, stress, anger management problems whatever.

So Tiffany, if you are reading this, only you can make a decision, but sertanly take to heart stories of other abused women. It never stops. No matter how many times the man tells you he is sorry and it wont happen again. I do believe in 2nd chances (to an extent) but after that 2nd chance hold your head up high and walk away - alive. So if your boyfriend has any of the problems listed above - I hope he gets help. If not for you, do it for the kids. Take care and I pray that things will get better. And congrats on your beautiful baby girl. ~Teresa

Diana said...

We are wrapping you up in prayer and love. Having the courage to speak out about what has happened is a very good sign that you, Tiffany, know it's not right. Keep safe.