Friday, November 03, 2006

Jonathan

My bubba
My buddy
My future NFL quarterback
My firstborn
This boy is awesome. He's going through a difficult phase right now.
I think it's that I'm about to be 8,
I'm going from being "little" kid, to being a BIG kid,
and I'm going to test my limits phase.
And, oh Boy, is he ever!
Even with his limit testing.
He is awesome.
He is polite
kind
sweet
thoughtful
smart
considerate
He is a
child of God
snuggler
brother
son
nephew
cousin
A die hard lover of football
He knows more trivia at 7 and 11 months
then most grown men!
Wanna know who won the first superbowl?
Ask him!
Who won the second?
Yup, he knows that one too!
He knows who the Bills played in each of their Superbowl losses
AND
what the score was!
He can name at least one player(past or present)
From every time in the NFL
He's amazing.
He's also book smart, this little guy has a thirst of knowledge that
only a 2nd grader can have.
He asks questions that I have never even thought about.
His grades are beyond worthy of bragging
Art 98%
Character Education 100%
Computer 92%
Health 100%
Language Arts 99%
Math 93%
Music 100%
PE 100%
Science 100%
Social Studies 99%
Spelling 99%
World Cultures 100%
I love this child more then I can even express in words.
He was totally worth the wait, worth the infertility work, worth the throwing up 6 times a day for 6 months, worth the 3 hospital stays,worth the pre-term labor scare,
worth the 16 hours of non-medicated pain.
I want to keep him with me always.
I dread the day he goes to Middle School
then High school
I get nausous thinking about college
And marriage?
What if he doesn't marry the right girl?
As he grows he makes me have more respect for my parents and grandparents.
I thought my children growing up would be easier,
but it's not
It's harder
Because
everyday
he
is one day
closer
to leaving me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did good didn't we ! He is a wonderful boy! I couldn't ask for more in a son. We just have to cherish our time now as he grows up.

Anonymous said...

He is a great boy! And those grades are awesome!! Growing up is tough, especially on the parents. :)

Anonymous said...

He is an awesome kid! I can't believe how big our boys are now. Never forget the naked ends!

Anonymous said...

those are awesome grades! although I have never met him, i feel like i know him already.

Ten

Staci said...

Girl! You gave me chills the whole time I was reading and all I could think about was my feelings as my children grow too. Jonathan's awesome and I believe whole heartedly that it's because he's influenced by two AWESOME parents!