I'm super frustrated at work. In April I will have been there 2 years and I'm still at the same hourly wage. I've had bonuses, but no pay increase. I talked to my boss about it a couple of weeks ago and pretty much got no where. He said he looked at the bonuses as a raise, b/c they were more than he would have given me if he'd given me an hourly raise. I told him I thought the bonuses were performance bonuses and didn't realize they were meant to be in lieu of a raise. In addition to all this, he expects SO much of me. Which honestly I'm OK with, it makes me a better person. However, while I'm the highest paid staff member, I only make more than the 2nd highest by .25 per hour. My boss doesn't expect near as much from that person as he does from me. In fact, he's looking to replace that person. This week he was out of town Sat-Wed, I busted my ass to keep stuff off his plate to keep everything rolling smoothly, and we were busy!! I took on tasks that I normally don't do so he wouldn't have to work remotely. To me, that's the above and beyond that deserves to make more than .25 more an hour than a part time collage kid. Add that to the fact there are NO benefits, and I'm nearing my wits end.
What keeps me around you ask? I LOVE MY JOB! 95% of the time that is :O) I love what I do, I love the people I work with, I even love my boss most of the time. I hated my job at Countrywide. So would much rather make less at a job I love, however a yearly cost of living raise would be nice!!
4 comments:
Kinda reminds me of CC. I didn't mind what I DID, just hated the people and the company. Add on the fact that I didn't get ANY raise or bonus in 2 1/2 years... I was gone!
Maybe you should talk to him again?
That's what so heart wrenching, I love the people and the company! My only compliant is the pay!
Hmmm...that's a tough situation. You don't want to strain the work environment that you love so much, but yet you do deserve a raise. I agree you should try to talk to your boss again. Maybe putting down your feelings in words and handing him a letter would make it easier? Chin up ~ it will all work out!
If you don't get the appreciation you deserve then you won't love what you do or the people anymore. You'll grow to resent it because you're busting your ass & not getting anything out of it. You can make more somewhere else with your experience. I would give him an ultimatum. Sucks, but you have to think of your bills. Bet he's not ever tight with money...
Post a Comment