Thursday, December 18, 2008

Humbled

Sometimes the good Lord smacks you with a dose of reality when you need it the most. In case you guys don't go back and read comments, this is a comment my good friend April posted to my last blog entry:

It's all about prospective. You can choose what mood to be in. Like me... normally I am rushing Christmas past, but this year someone close is not expected to live into January - so why wish away time that you can never get back? ewww... that was pretty hairy for me...LOL! Just hang in there AJ. luv ya and hope you do have a Merry Christmas. and hope to see u soon.

What a wake up call. I know and love the person she is speaking about. I'm devastated at her impending loss. I no longer want January to come. I want April to be able to savor every minute she has left with her dad. I want her to enjoy every single day God is blessing them with this Christmas season. And with that, I want to enjoy my own family. I want to not rush Harrison to grow up. I want to enjoy the days that Jonathan and Savannah are on vacation and home with me. I want to savor the family time that is coming to us over the next few weeks. There are some things I just can't change, and I have to stop letting it effect my Christmas and accept it. I am determined to make the remaining days of 2008 fabulous!!!

P.S. A- let me know if you are not comfortable with your info out there, I'll take it down. Love you too! Thanks for the wake up call.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Good for you girl! April is absolutely right - you have the ability to determine how you are going to feel. You can choose to be miserable, or you can choose to find the good in EVERY situation. Enjoy the time home with the kids, it is precious - no matter how much they may start to get on your nerves. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're back to the happy girl again! There's a saying that I heard on the radio today that is very similar to what April said. It is something about walking all day and feeling like you can't take another step...then you walk past a person who has no legs and your pains seem to instantly go away.

Shannon Ivy said...

*tear

Melibelle said...

for sure tears... and reminded me to slow down and enjoy as well. I'm sorry to hear of the bad news for April and will say a prayer for her and her family.

however you got there glad you feel better Angel!

Diana did you hear that on K Kraddick this morning... I heard it there myself! :)

April said...

Life gets hard sometimes, and we let it get in the way of our happiness, but vow that your happiness will get in the way of life and watch what happens! God is so good!
ps...Didn't mean to "guilt" u into the Christmas spirit, but glad u got it anyway- hehe or should I say "ho ho ho" ;)

mama duke said...

God likes to smack ppl like that. makes us actually pay attention. glad you're better sister. love you.