Saturday, April 23, 2011

Facebook Rant

I've been steering clear of Facebook for a week or so now.  I'm not sure if it's me or my "friends", but people and their status updates have been driving me crazy.  I'm SICK to death of the following:

1. Complaining about stuff that you KNEW about when you made the decision.  For example.  I moved to Kansas knowing that the weather changes on a dime AND we get tornadoes.  Therefore I DO NOT complain about the weather every time it changes or whine about being scared every time the sirens go off.  It's part of living in my state.  I know this and don't post about it on Facebook 4x per week.

2. Woman who think they are the first pregnant woman EVER.  Do not ask a question about pregnancy, get 34 comments from 34 woman WHO HAVE BEEN PREGNANT BEFORE, then proceed to basically say they know nothing because Baby Center said.....

3.  Husband bashing posts OR my husband is the greatest posts.  Yes, we all have good husbands and like to brag about them, OCCASIONALLY.  However if you are posting 3x a day about how great your man is, I'm led to believe that you are trying to convince yourself that he's great, not that he really is.  On the flip side, if your husband is truly the biggest piece of shit you know, then LEAVE HIM!  He won't change just b/c he reads your Facebook status and has an awakening.

4.  The AF wife who speaks endlessly of her husbands 4 month long deployment.  It's nothing compared to the Army wife who is without her husband for 18 months.  Not to mention they don't get to skype everyday like you do.  You see he is really fighting the war, gun in hand and all.  He's not in an air conditioned office defending our country, he's on the front lines.

5. People complaining NON stop about their shitty lives.  We all have bad days, but when your bad days turn into bad weeks and bad weeks into months.  I have these 2 options for you: 1. Get antidepressants  2. Stop putting your shit on Facebook.  Especially when your friends try to point out the bright spots in your life and you do nothing but verbally vomit negativity back. Then go lay in bed and cry, that's fine, just get your ass off Facebook.

6. Weather updates every 15 minutes.  If I wanted the weather updates I would have "liked" the weather channel damnit!

6 comments:

Shannon Ivy said...

I'm sure I've done some of these a few times :o) LoL but I read others when they do that and think the same think. And I roll my eyes. LoL, I think I do it out of boredom and wanting attention. Except I am almost forbidden to mention anything about the hubs, that's why anything on him is minimal!

Again, sure I'm guilty as we probably all are!
Have a good night!

Tara said...

Girl you need to post this as a note on FB! Then maybe the people whom you speak of will get a clue!

Anonymous said...

I think everybody does all of that sometimes. & you should be able to express yourself freely on your fb...even if you are neurotic, boring, annoying or whatever. If people don't like it they also have the freedom to ignore, hide or delete you. Some will love you, some won't. I'm sure everybody, even you, annoys at least one person on their list with their updates.

& I am the first preggo ever. Baby center said so ;P

Anonymous said...

Oh & haha. Weather updates. I think I've thought this before to if we're talking about the same person. Lol. It's....weird. Like they're 80 or something & need to be obsessed with it.

**Angel** said...

I agree, everybody does some of it sometimes. It's the people who do it all of it all the time that I'm talking about.

Unknown said...

Bwahahaha!! I think I love you even more after reading this! Let's not forget the constant passive agressive posts about people or the negative things that are going on in you life. :OP