Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Goals Update

Back in January I made a goals for the year.  Part of being accountable is letting people know where I am in my goals.  So here it goes....


Family/Life-   
      1.  Spend more quality time with my family.  We are always "together", but not enjoying each other's company. I want us to grow closer and learn to depend on each other more.  Both the big kids are getting to the point where their friends and being away from home is becoming more important to them.  I want to reiterate that family is #1, that your sister, mom, dad, brother, cousin comes before your friends.  No matter what, end of story.  To do this we are going to have family game night once per week.  Each week 1 person will get to choose dinner and the game and we'll spend 2-3 hours with NO electronics.  No itouches, no ipads, no phones, no computers, no TV. Nothing.  Not even background music.  I want to encourage conversation and interaction.
We did this for a few weeks, but we've gotten out of the habit.  Hoping to get back on track this weekend!
      2. Read 1 self-improvement book per month.  I'm currently reading, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership.  So far it's great.  I know I'm a good person, I want to be a GREAT person and reading books from other great people will help me to become the person I want to be.
I'm still reading the 21 laws...I have 4 laws left!  So I'm behind...However I'm still reading :O)
       3. I want to spend more quality time with my husband. In the day to day life of raising a family, working and school, it's easy to lose track of each other.  Our relationship is the strongest it's ever been, it can always get stronger though.  I want to go out at least once per month, just us.  I want to do stuff that will allow us to interact with each other, not just sit in a movie theater.
This one is a work in progress.  We haven't done anything outside the box.  I think this weekend we are going to go to dinner with a friend from work and her husband, that'll be different b/c we don't have any couple friends!


Business/Work- 
    1. I will put forth more effort in my daily work.  I'm lazy about entering notes into our lead management system.  I will make this a habit as well as staying on top of my mailings.  I will utilize the phone more than e-mail to contact our clients.  This will make their experience with us more personal.
I'm doing very good at this!  I'm a note entering fool now!  
     2. To focus on building relationships with those that drive me the most crazy in the office.  To try to understand things from their point of view and to not let the little things get to me.
Stil working on this...she still drives me insane!


Spiritual-
    1. To find and become involved in a Church.  It's been almost 4 years since we left Meadowridge.  That was our Church in Texas that we were very involved in.  We have went to some here and there but nothing that stuck.  Having a Church family, receiving the Word every week, and being accountable for my behavior is so important with my walk with the Lord.  I will pray more, read the Word more and be more aware of my actions.  Drawing closer to God will make me a better wife, mother, friend and person in general.  Not to mention I miss Him.  I miss being close to Him.  We all know it wasn't Him that moved....
We went to Church every Sunday in January looking for a Church we liked, we didn't find one.  We haven't been back anywhere.  I'm going to make this a priority again.
    2. To do a bible study that has me in the word daily.  I'm not sure what that will be yet, I still have to find one.  I want something that's going to help me grow as a child of God, and get me more involved in my Bible.
Haven't started a bible study.  To honest, I haven't looked for one.  I have several around the house.  I think I will start there.
Health-(This is my easiest one!)
    1. Run More-  I have 3 very specific running goals for 2011.  If you haven't already read them you can check them out here.
Doing OK here.  It's hard to run when it's so cold out and with Jason's night classes it's been hit or miss.  I average at least 2 days a week most weeks.  That's not enough though.  I need to do more.
     2. I want to lose at least 29 more pounds.  I will do this by running, working out and weights.  I would like to work out 4-6 days per week.
I've lost a little (3 pounds!) still FAR off from that 29.  I haven't been trying.  I want to lose at least 6 more before alabama, hopefully 11, so I'm working hard now!

Financial-
     1. To have at least $1,000 in savings by the end of 2011.  It's not a lot, however with our tight budget, this will be a challenge.  I'm tired of not having a savings account.  We live on a wing and a prayer ALOT.  
I'm over half way there right now! Whoo-hoo!  However it's vacation money.  So it will be deleted by this time next month!  
     2. Improve our credit.  I'm not looking to buy anything big on credit.  I just want to build credit for when we decide to.  We only have $1,000 in credit card debt, it's to much for me though!  I want to get that paid off and use it only for our monthly subscription to nexflix.  That way we can pay it off every month.
I don't know if our credit is improved or not.  I haven't checked.  We have the credit cards paid down(not off) right now.
     3. Buy a 2nd car.  I was hoping this would be a newer mini-van.  With the slap in face the VA gave us, that's not going to happen :O(  However, we are still looking forward to purchasing a 2nd vehicle cash with our tax return.  As long as it looks descent and runs, I'll be happy.  No payments is good :O)
Still looking forward to this one!  We should get our tax return in the next couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to buying a van.  I can't wait for the leg room!




So where are you goals in your goals??

1 comment:

Shannon Ivy said...

Its only the beginning of march and you are doing great!