Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ink

One of the things I'm looking forward to in the next few months is getting a tattoo. It's one of my "gifts" to myself when I reach my goal weight. I want to get an orange lily. Below is kind of what I what. It's the closet thing I can find right now. I don't want the bud sticking out, and a little less greenery. My friend Amy found it for me b/c of course whatever I get has to have orange! The orange lily means "I burn for you". So I want to incorporate one of my favorite verses into the tat as well. Jason got a Jesus Fish( see below) when he got his last tattoo. I like the Jesus Fish as a symbol of faith, but I can't find one I really like. So I think I'm going to stick with the lily and a verse.




Jason and I have talked about getting matching tattoos as well. We haven't been able to decide on anything yet though. I'm really picky about where I will get a tattoo b/ c I want to be able to cover if I want and display it if I want. This one will go between my shoulder blades on my back. I can cover it when I'm in mom mode or I don't want it to be seen, but I can throw on a tank when I want to show it off!!


2 comments:

Tara said...

www.tattoofinder.com
type in lily in the search window. you will love what you see!

Shannon Ivy said...

awesome! Jeff and I wouldn't be able to agree on matching tats. So exciting! Keep running around mom and you'll get your goal weight!