Saturday, April 14, 2007

3 weeks....

That's a long time for no blog. I haven't felt like it. Nothing good to say. Plus I have been trying to limit my time on the puter.

Work is going well. I've pretty much grasped the concept of what I do. It's not hard. I only have questions when something is out of the ordinary. I can put on my cruise control and work all day with out much thought. That has come in handy a few times in the past few weeks. They have approved OT until the end of the month, so I'm going to try and get as much as possible. I'll need it for my deductible.

Yes, deductible. Last night a bad storm blew through with golf ball size hail. Wouldn't you know some of that hail found it's way to my windshield. Go figure. Thank the Lord I only have a 250 deducible. Not sure how much windshields cost...I'll call USAA today and start the process.

We got our new bed :) It's a queen size, adjustable sleep number bed. It was hard for us to go from a King to Queen, but I really wanted the adjustable. I'm so glad I did too! Totally worth it. I love that I can sit up in bed and watch to TV! Plus it has a massage function..... If anyone is on the fence about one of these baby's, don't be! Call Jason right now and order one. HE can ship anywhere.
www.selectcomfort.com

Beef.....it's no longer what is for dinner. Bison all the way baby! I had a bison burger in our cafeteria at work the other day and it ROCKED! Bison has way lower fat and calories then beef, turkey, and chicken. Basically any other animal :) And it's good! Beef has always had funny taste to me, but the bison didn't. It was so good. Now the bad part...it's so $$$$. Eating healthy costs so much money. I think that's the plan. That way you can't afford to eat junk in your time of weakness! I've been pretty dedicated for 2 weeks and I've lost 7 lbs. Only 105 to go! Wish me luck. If I can keep up this pace I'll be at my goal weight in 7.5 months.

I got my e-mail yesterday at work to sign up for benefits. AKA..insurance. I can not believe I will have to pay for medical coverage. Never in my adult life have I paid for medical. That is the 1(yes 1) thing I truly miss about Jason being in the service. Thankfully Countrywide has several p;ans to choose from based on your needs. So I have been a researching fool. Jason's job offers it too, but it's more expensive. His dental is better, we'll get that through his job. I'm going to try and get my sister a job at CW. She needs the insurance BAD! She's falling apart. Seriously, I just picked her arm up off the floor...I hate when she leaves her body parts laying around...hehehehhe. But seriously, she needs insurance.

Happy Saturday my friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Insurance is a very handy thing to have. Second to money, of course. :) Glad to hear that everything's going well for you. Keep up the good work on your diet!

Anonymous said...

Yay! We're both back!! It's not AS important since I see you everyday, but I still like to read it. So sorry about the windshield. :( Way to go with the bison burger and all the weight. You can and will do it. I know you will!! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

COngrats on the weight loss. Bison is the best meat! That is all we eat, unless the beef comes from mom and dads farm. Which now I am so far away is not to often. Glad to read things are good.
Ten

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Trust me, I know how hard it is, and how good it feels to see the pounds come off! I've lost 70 pounds and have been able to keep it off for six months now. You can do it if you truly set your mind to it!