I can't believe it's been a month, Wheew, so much to talk about there is no way I'll ever do it all justice, but I'll try.
Mom and Grampy- Both are doing well. Grampy's surgery went great and he was home in 4 days. He's still kinda puny. Grammie says it's b/c he's a wienie, but he's healing slower than most, even according to his doctor. He does his nightly walks and and eats pretty normal. He's just really tired all the time. Mom's surgery went well too. Although they had to take 1/2 the lung instead of 1/3. They are confident they got all the cancer and will be doing chemo to be safe, no radiation. Mom's Dr. put her in for a clinical trail the hospital is having. It would be a better chemo and help with the cost. Which would be awesome financially of course. Cancer isn't cheap and insurance companies don't always play nice :O(
Kingston Angelo is here! He arrived May 19th at 3:32 a.m.. His was was the first birth I was able to be at without being an active participate in and it was AMAZING! So amazing that it almost makes me want to be an OB nurse. It was so cool. I was a little concerned about the fact that babies come a certain way and well, that's my sisters....ya know. However, it wasn't weird at all(at least to me!) I didn't even think about that fact it was a vagina, it was totally just the method that my beautiful nephew came into the world. It was the greatest thing. I hope that my daughter and daughter in laws will allow me to me there for my grand children's births. I think that's the only thing that could top this one. Kingston is perfect. While he's not technically my first nephew, I'm not close to my other sister, so he almost feels like the first. He's such a doll(quite literally, he's TINY!) I love him so.
Right now Jason's grandma is here visiting. So far, so good. I was concerned given that his mother, is her daughter, but ED hasn't really come up much. Praise Jesus. Harrison has really taken to her. They are thicker than thieves!
Wednesday I start running again. It's been to long. I finally went back to the Dr. and got back on my thyroid meds. It's amazing what they do for you.. A normal functioning thyroid operates at level of 12. Mine was 5.35. Way low :O( So, lesson learned. Don't slack off on the important stuff, even if you don't have insurance!! I should be able to start losing weight again too! Whoo-hoo! energy and weight loss! Yay me. I'm excited to get back on track. I'm going to start training for the 1/2 marathon in October. It's the same one I did last year with Jason. Except this I'm gonna do it with my friend Tara and hopefully my sister. We'll see if I can get her on the running bandwagon. I hope so!
4 comments:
YAY FOR FINALLY UPDATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now you know why I want to be an OB nurse... nothing like it, ya know?
Ya know...there were so many ppl looking at my hoo-ha that I didn't even think that it might have potentially been weird for you. Lol. & yeah....he is a perfect little doll :)
Yay for an update! I'm glad the visit with G-ma is going well. I didn't realize you had thyroid issues :-/ I hope I can follow through with this 1/2 marathon. Even if I don't run it, I will come and cheer you on!
Uh, you will run it! If I can do it you can do it!!
Post a Comment