Saturday, January 01, 2011

Coastin'

This week I realized I was just coastin' through life. Coastin' isn't bad, however in my opinion it isn't good either.  Coastin' is comfortable.  Coastin' is easy.  When you coast no one expects anything of you.  You know what else happens?  You just coast.  You don't go anywhere.  No upward movement is happening in your life when you coast.  When you coast you are not moving towards anything, you are not working towards anything, you are not going anywhere.  You're just coastin'!  I don't want to coast any more.


I want to move on to bigger and better things.  I want to make myself, my life, my marriage, my job, my friends, my children, my relationships better.  Of course everybody WANTS that, if you ask people what they are doing to make it happen 9/10 will give you a blank stare and studder something unintelligible.  Why?  Because they're coastin'!  They are are not actively pursuing their dreams, goals, and desires.  They expect for all the things they want to just appear.  We all know they won't, I know, you know, THEY know...  It's easier that way.  If you don't try, you can't fail.


I'm tired of living in fear of failure.  Failure isn't bad.  Failure is a learning experience.  If you've failed at least you've tried.  The majority is to scared to even try because they don't want to fail.  They'd rather coast.  
2011 is the year I end the coastin'!  I have been educated and have found that there are 5 major areas that everyone who is not coastin' should have goals in.  They are:


Business/Work
Family/Life
Spiritual
Health
Financial


Do you have at least 1 goal in each of those categories?  I don't.  Take financial for instance.  I want more money, I don't have a plan for more money.  That's coastin'.   I'm going to post my goals in each of those categories for all of you to see.  Why? Several reasons.  Accountability is the biggest.  If you don't put your plans, goals, dreams, desires out there you have no one to cheer for you, no one to tell you when you're getting off track, and no one to pick you up when you fall down(b/c I will, everyone does). Secondly, I love all of you who read these blog, and I want you to get goals.  I want you to stop coastin' and move on up in the world.  I know none of you are where you want to be, none of you are at the peak of your life.  We can all stand to improve and I want to improve with you.  I will be posting my goals over the next few days and I would LOVE it if ya'll post yours too.  Accountability.  It's what makes the world go 'round.





5 comments:

Shannon Ivy said...

<3 this post. I will work on mine for those 5 topics!

Mrs. S said...

I love this post, but Im confused. I dont see you as a coaster. Last year you made resolutions/goals (no matter what you called them) to lose weight and you did that, run run run and YOU DID THAT! etc. etc. etc. But I do like the idea of calling them goals instead of resolutions. So I'll be working on my "goals" on my blog soon.

Mrs. S said...

OK Angel, it took me over 2 hours but my "goals" are now on my blog! Can't wait to read yours!

Anonymous said...

I'm coasting & not at the same time. I'm going to let the dust settle with relationships, focus on family & yet I am going to school so that our future will be better. I think I have enough going on right now & don't want to add to it just yet :)

Tara said...

These are all important categories...gonna think about it!