Saturday, July 11, 2009

Grrrr...

Got a downer today.

Jason has become friends with his boss. Today James(the boss) took Jason out to lunch for his birthday. While at lunch James told Jason that he has "heard" from the higher ups that they have changed their mind and may not let him work part time once school starts. This sucks ass. we were really banking on that. It's not like he can go get another part time job. This job pays well, he'd have to work 3 part time jobs somewhere else to make the money he does there in 20 hours. Not to mention the headache of finding a job and crap. So discouraging...Jason asked me if I thought he should still go back to school. The answer HELL YES. Is it going to suck? HELL YES. If the other place offers me the job do I have any choice but to take it? HELL NO.

Only 5 days until we head to Alabama!! So freakin' excited! We need this break now more than ever!!

5 comments:

Staci said...

That's a bummer, but maybe they'll change their mind. Stay positive!

Tara said...

I think Jason will be able to work and go to school. I've been doing it all year and though it's hard, it's manageable. He can do it!

**Angel** said...

It's not that he can't. It's that they may not let him. They originally agreed to let him still work 20 hours per week, but now it looks like they may let him go once the semester starts. He can always get another PT time, but no where near the hourly wage he make there :O(

Justyne said...

That stinks for both of you. I am glad you are so supportive of him going to school. 5 more days until vacation, leave all your worries behind for a little.

Staci said...

I wuz here 5:09pm. What's my IP?