That's what life has been. Not to much is going on at all. So instead of blogging about one subject extensively, I thought I'd give ya'll some " this-n-thats". You know the little stuff that goes on in life that doesn't normally get mentioned.
**I'm still nursing H. He is gaining weight so I suppose he is doing well, but I don't feel like he is. He's very gassy(toots) and often seems to have trouble latching on. He only eats 10-15 minutes per side. He's gaining weight though, so I guess it's okay
**The big kids brought home their report cards. They did great. The Derby elementary schools doesn't use the A,B,C grading method. They use Exemplary, Proficient, Basic. It sucks and I hate it. In 6th grade they go back to A,B,C. Thank Goodness, anyway, the kids did great and had all Exemplary and Proficient.
**Jason's boss came to him this week and said that during the managers meeting everyone agreed that he is well respected and has a bright future within the company/school. Which is great, it just better reflect in his 6 month review as an awesome pay raise.
**I interviewed for a job this week. It was way to many hours though, 3 late nights and Saturdays. I said thanks but no thanks. I'm really torn about going back to work. If I do I don't want it to be forever, but I also hate being so strapped. Honestly, even though H would go to Grammie's, I well up at the though of leaving him 8-10 hours a day. I don't know how daddys do it.
**I'm SO excited for next weekend!! We are going to my good friend April's for a visit!! April and I have been friends since she was in 5th grade and I was in 4th grade. We became friends after I wrote her a note and called her a "horror". Yea, that's how I thought you spelled "whore". I don't remember why I thought she was a "horror". Anyway, after we had it out we became BFF's. Her mom always called us Arabs b/c we looked similar and dressed alike to our best ability. I haven't seen her since I was pregnant with Jonathan...yea...long time!! It's going to be so fun!!
**This week the kiddos go to the dentist. It will be the first of many visits for J. I imagine we are about to jump on the braces train....oh joy. Jason and I need to go to. I know I need 2 root canals and crowns. I have 2 huge cavities. Jason has a massive case of periodontal disease too. Most dental insurances don't cover the antibiotic used to treat it though. Go figure, that is our luck.
**My Orange RR cookware is awesome!! It cooks so well! My other pans were beyond shot. These cook so evenly, nothing sticks, and they distribute heat better. I cook everything thing on a lower temp now. They are even oven safe to 400 degrees so they are semi dual purpose. Since Jason won't let me do the bedroom in orange I'm doing the kitchen in orange. I will be using yellow and red as accent colors and I have already found lots of great stuff like This and
These
**I really need to make friends here. I spend to much time on the computer socializing with my friends that live far away. I keep telling myself I'm going to get out and go scrapping or join a moms club, but I haven't. Honestly, I enjoy sitting at home on the puter with my far away friends or hanging out with my grammie.
**I walked three times last week! I even went out one day when it was 17 degrees. I didn't want to but I did it. The days I didn't walk I was out of the house doing errands and such. This week I'm going to try and double my trek from 1 mile to 2 miles. I haven't lost anymore weight, but as I add exercise to my regimen I think(hope) it will start coming off little by little.
7 comments:
I know what you mean about going back to work vs staying home. After staying at home with the kids during their winter break I was ready to call in and give my notice. Then, I started thinking about the economy and the extra money, and how nice Christmas was being able to buy gifts for the entire family rather than just showing up to collect gifts from the family. I KNOW that's not why we celebrate, but I digress... I enjoy work more because I know I don't NEED to be there like a lot of my coworkers. My suggestion to you would be to find a scrapbook store that might need help in the evenings or during crops. That way you get a discount on goodies,you make some extra money, and you meet people who have the same hobby. Life is too short going to a job that you hate just becuase you want more money. You know that you can live on what J makes, whatever you bring home would be the gravy.
LMAO!!!! I so forgot that I was a "Horror"! that is so funny!!! I cannot wait to SEE YOU fellow A-rab!
Kitchen Aid mixers, especially orange ones, ROCK!! Congrats on your excercising, wish I was there to walk with you! Diana's right - if you really need some extra $ a fun job where you can meet friends would be the best!!
Boring it does not sound like to me! And I agree with the girls above, if you want a part time job and to meet some people you share interests with, go for a craft store or scrapbooking place. Keep up with the walking! When is the
5K? I really want to try to come over for it to run with you!
you don't need friends! lol. i like you just fine on the comp and phone! just kidding. good job on the walking...really proud of you.
Good for u for exercising! D & I are trying do the same! & eat better... which is hard cause he's a GOOD cook! Go check out my blog! I need help with something!
Good for u for exercising! D & I are trying do the same! & eat better... which is hard cause he's a GOOD cook! Go check out my blog! I need help with something!
Post a Comment